- This event has passed.
Sourdough Bread Class at Campbell’s Bakery
September 8, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm£80.00
Savour the unique experience of learning to bake with Iain in our family’s bakery which has been in Crieff for almost 90 years!
In this informative but informal class you will learn the basics of sourdough bread making, including:
• the difference between wild yeast and bakers’ yeast and their effects on the bread
• creating your own starter and how to keep it alive
• making a simple Pain de Campagne plus rye varieties
Personal tuition from Iain, all supplies and equipment, recipes, afternoon tea and a nice embroidered apron to take home are all provided. You will be taking home A LOT of baking. Please bring at least two large carrier bags.
Seventh generation baker Iain Campbell is recognised within the British baking industry as a highly skilled craftsman and has won many awards including the prestigious British Confectioners’ Association Challenge Cup in 2012. He has a wealth of baking knowledge which he loves to share and has trained two of his apprentices to win Young Scottish Baker of the Year in 2009 and 2014.
- September 8, 2018
- 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- artisan bread, Baking, bread, cake decorating, classes, craft baker, crieff, experience, family bakers, food lovers, gift, heritage, learn something new, morning rolls, oatcakes, rolls, Scotch pies, scotland, Scottish baking, Selkirk Bannock, shortbread, sourdough, strathearn, taste the adventure, traditional
- June 5 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Friends of Innerpeffray Library (FOIL) Talk – Jilly McCord, MasterChef, Rugby, History: an eclectic lifeJune 10 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
- July 22 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm