- This event has passed.
Bread Making at Campbell’s Bakery
October 13, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm£80.00
As we give thanks for the harvest, enjoy learning to make bread with Iain in our family’s working bakery which has been in Crieff for almost 90 years!
In this relaxed hands-on class you will learn the tips and tricks to successfully make two distinct types of bread:
• Granary bread which was awarded ‘Best Bread in Scotland’ in 2017 by our customers and the baking industry!
• Morning rolls
Personal tuition from Iain, all supplies and equipment, recipes, afternoon tea and a nice embroidered apron to take home are all provided. You will be taking home A LOT of baking. Please bring at least two large carrier bags.
Seventh generation baker Iain Campbell is recognised within the British baking industry as a highly skilled craftsman and has won many awards including the prestigious British Confectioners’ Association Challenge Cup in 2012. He has a wealth of baking knowledge which he loves to share and has trained two of his apprentices to win Young Scottish Baker of the Year in 2009 and 2014.
Classes are small. Booking is essential.
- October 13, 2018
- 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- artisan bread, Baking, bread, cake decorating, classes, craft baker, crieff, experience, family bakers, food lovers, gift, heritage, learn something new, morning rolls, oatcakes, rolls, Scotch pies, Scottish baking, Selkirk Bannock, shortbread, sourdough, strathearn, taste the adventure, things to do, traditional
- November 16 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- November 20 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
- November 23 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm